Author Topic: Thought I'd post a few pics of my 5GTT looking original...  (Read 105419 times)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
For anyone that likes the original looks...  8)   I dug out an old file of pics of my 5GTT i havent seen for a while... thought u guys might like to see a few..

Had quite a few 5gtt's... (red, tungsten, pearl white, black and now tungsten again) I've had most of the other sporty hot hatches as well.

I missed owning a 5GTT soon as I sold my last one and had to find another one.  Took a while to find one I liked.... so many are overly modified and just not many healthy ones around.

Anyways...  3 years ago... I found one that was 90% all orginal that I liked... it wasnt abused and generally well cared for... and just needed some loving care... with door dents...  scratches on most of the panels.. dirty carpet.. and the engine wasnt impressive to look at but in good condition...just pretty black and dirty with almost all the orginal hoses that were in need of renewing before they let go.

Here's a few pics after the 1st makeover...  had all the scratches and dents removed.. and a high gloss polish up! I had it like this (looking 100% original) for a full year...  but then its almost impossible not to start playing with these cars!  :roll: and thats when my bank manager started to worry!  :shock:

Heres how it was after the first clean up.. before it started getting a bit more expensive..  (the huge scorpion 4" tail pipe in these pics is no longer on the car that was on it when I bought it)

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 15:45, Sun 09 March 2008 »
Very nice, do you want to come and get my carpet that clean!  8)  8)

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 16:02, Sun 09 March 2008 »
That is one of the mintest standard looking GTT's i have ever seen, maybe even concours 8)

Tungsten is my fav colour for the GTT, electric blue 2nd & white 3rd...

Steve

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 16:11, Sun 09 March 2008 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"

Haha...  I used some stuff called...Foam magic or something...  couldnt believe how it looked afterwards...  even had a 'nap' in it where you could really feel the depth of the carpet.  I might put everything back eventually... been having a play around with the way it looks but kept everything stored for safe keeping.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 16:14, Sun 09 March 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTBoy"
That is one of the mintest standard looking GTT's i have ever seen, maybe even concours 8)

Tungsten is my fav colour for the GTT, electric blue 2nd & white 3rd...

Steve

Thanks Steve..  tried to make it as good as new really..  even down to a stone chip..  the underneath is also like a show car... all polished up... bit mad.. but just ended up doing more and more till nothing was left to do.

steves_r5turbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 19:29, Sun 09 March 2008 »
awsome thats how my one shall look again soon completely unmolested

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 19:34, Sun 09 March 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"

Haha...  I used some stuff called...Foam magic or something...  couldnt believe how it looked afterwards...  even had a 'nap' in it where you could really feel the depth of the carpet.  I might put everything back eventually... been having a play around with the way it looks but kept everything stored for safe keeping.

I use Autoglym Interior Shampoo, it used to work wonders on the red carpet in my 205 GTI, i haven't had time to try it out on the R5 yet though, seem to spend every bloody weekend under the bonnet.  :cry:

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 20:05, Sun 09 March 2008 »
Does look very very nice. Tungy my fav colour.

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 20:11, Sun 09 March 2008 »
jesus mate did you just pick it from the factory :lol: that is one mighty fine 5,is the engine bay as clean as the rest of the car?

that is some of the sraightest panels ive ever seen  8)  8) you did an amazing job to keep it in such beautiful condition,well done mate :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: 21:38, Sun 09 March 2008 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
jesus mate did you just pick it from the factory :lol: that is one mighty fine 5,is the engine bay as clean as the rest of the car?

that is some of the sraightest panels ive ever seen  8)  8) you did an amazing job to keep it in such beautiful condition,well done mate :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Thanks for all your kind feedback...  8)  

Yes I have completely changed the engine area with just about all new everything... I'm the crazy one that hates to see any dust in an engine bay...  :!:  pics...    you can wear white gloves to change the plugs and still not get them dirty..lol

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: 22:31, Sun 09 March 2008 »
UBER  8)

cathalGT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: 23:30, Sun 09 March 2008 »
OMG thats the cleanest 5 ive ever seen.
Is it for sale  :lol:
Loads of spare bits and bobs for the 5 if you need anything, all used of course but if your in Ireland and your stuck give me a bell

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: 23:52, Sun 09 March 2008 »
Quote from: "cathalGT"
OMG thats the cleanest 5 ive ever seen.
Is it for sale  :lol:

Haha..  not just yet...  :lol:   thanks cathal and GTTboy!  8)

a closer front end pic... just after the chip removal..  and new grill ...all new lighting.. and even new badge..and bump strips.. (alloys were prof reconditioned also)

Here are some pics of how it currently looks underneath.. suspension / brakes......  and tidy underside..  I didnt want oversize disks as I like being able to still fit the smaller 13" alloys..  (also have a set of 15's that I swap around now and again)

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: 12:35, Mon 10 March 2008 »
Thats Tidy!

I would be afraid to take it out of the garage if it was that clean  :lol:

Really Nice car lad.

You have set the standard for what I have to do with my white car!

Great work!

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: 16:09, Mon 10 March 2008 »
Very very very nice wish my tungy was that clean.

What car washing liquid do you use? An what polish do you use?

Looks like your strut to hub bolts are facing the wrong way.