Author Topic: Phase 1 project  (Read 10878 times)

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: 17:42, Fri 14 March 2008 »
nutin to do with me m8 im just buying it i trust the kid and e defo got good knowledge of the car so me no no  :?
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!

stage 3 muppet

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: 17:25, Wed 19 March 2008 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
No offence but in the first post you mentioned the engine runs hot (apparently like they all do) then in the second you say it never overheats, then you say you replace the 'usual' headgasket.

Mine never overheats, head gasket is still in one piece and doesn't churn out rusty coloured water.  :shock:

so when you give your car a bit of stick pal it doesnt get warm  :?:  :?:
its a cramped bay thats all i meant by it running hot pall ,temps never go over half way on gauge usually somewere in between quarter and half way
so yes it runs hot ,but never overheats like i stated pal lol
yes i have changed the headgasket a couple of times actually mate ,once due to it seeping slightly , once because it actually did let go but was racing a m3 at the time
and last time was due to me taking the head off to inspect so a fresh gasket went on
hasnt had one since must be on last one for 5ys plus pal ... have you even owned your 5 that long pal?????........ no offence heheh
also gunky coolant was due to breaking a jubilee clip on header tank so whilst last running the hose blew off and spewed everywere
that was the last straw at the time for me so i pushed it in the garage and left it as im lazy havent touched it since
no problems just lazyness on my part hahahaha
i save all my cleaning and buftying for my cosworths hence me neglecting the 5 gt shame thats why its being sold tho
whats with the digs anyway lads thought this was a enthusiast site for 5,s
not a lets have a dig at someone for nothing site lol
i left all that shit in the playground about 16yrs ago boys
anyway if it worries you that much pal why dont you come up and clean it for us pal ..as i cant be arsed its not even the correct header tank for the phase 1 as its later phase 2 rubbish lmao  (phase 1 headers rarer than hens teeth )
regards

cathalGT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: 14:27, Thu 20 March 2008 »
Quote from: "stage 3 muppet"
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
whats with the digs anyway lads thought this was a enthusiast site for 5,s
not a lets have a dig at someone for nothing site lol
i left all that shit in the playground about 16yrs ago boys

In all fairness it reads more like your the one giving the "digs" with "pal" at the end of each sentence

All anyone was saying was by the looks of the 2 pics below that it doesnt look like its either 210bhp or very well looked after

Loads of spare bits and bobs for the 5 if you need anything, all used of course but if your in Ireland and your stuck give me a bell

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: 17:47, Thu 20 March 2008 »
Had to help you put some paint on it Ollie!  Lowered the front by 10mm as well..  saved you a few quid!

stage 3 muppet

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: 18:38, Thu 20 March 2008 »
no pun intended mate i call people pal all the time ,just a regional lingo thing heheh
and of course the car looks neglected it hasnt been used for 4-5yrs mate hence the reason for selling seemed a shame sitting there i agree it looks grubby but a good car is there with a good sort through i just havent got the time as i have other projects on the go which include a bare metal resto on a saff cosworth turning it into a track beast ... also have other projects on the go and not enough time to do them all  :roll:

nice photoshop lol that looks exactly how it used to be ahahah and it did used to sit lower on the front similar to the pic but with the 16" wheels it caught so i changed the springs to a diff set to raise it slightly which helped stop it rubbing imo 15" wheels would be much better for the car only put these wheels on the car to roll it around the garage etc

sorry if i offended anyone as im not like that as im sure you would find if you met myself lol
regards  :wink:

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: 20:11, Thu 20 March 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"
Had to help you put some paint on it Ollie!  Lowered the front by 10mm as well..  saved you a few quid!

cheers fella wish was that easy in real lifr lol u gt a photoshop ave u?? looks gd ill defo ave to drop her  :lol:  :lol:
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: 20:43, Thu 20 March 2008 »
Quote from: "ollie91"

cheers fella wish was that easy in real lifr lol u gt a photoshop ave u?? looks gd ill defo ave to drop her  :lol:  :lol:

I like the skeleton in the window he's added. lol.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: 21:26, Thu 20 March 2008 »
Quote from: "ollie91"

No worries...  I just like to see things finished! lol  :lol:

No... I dont have any photo editor.  Believe it or not I just used the standard windows paint program thats only got about 3 different paint tools   :shock:   but I'm quite good at drawing so it looks alright...  I made sure all the panels were on straight so u'll be ok!  :wink:  I put you a new ariel on the top as well so you can get sounds tuned in.

Nice spot GTTBoy with the skeleton..  :D  but I dont remember putting that in the window!?  :shock:

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: 21:32, Thu 20 March 2008 »
Thats a damn good effort with paint !!

Where did the skeleton come from then  :shock:

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: 22:47, Thu 20 March 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTBoy"

Move over Rolf Harris!   :lol:

The skeleton is a friend of mine really!  He's just checking out the new work  :wink:

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: 22:51, Thu 20 March 2008 »

The skeleton is a friend of mine really!  He's just checking out the new work  :wink:

You've a way to go yet ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElrldD02if0

Or
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUWqRhRe ... re=related

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: 23:04, Thu 20 March 2008 »

You've a way to go yet ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElrldD02if0

WOW!! thats amazing work... this ones even better..  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUWqRhRe ... re=related I have no idea how they do that in paint..but now I am going to have to do better! lol.  I wasnt using a mouse tho...  only using the touch pad on the laptop that was a pain the cross member!

Ollies car could get colour tested before it gets sprayed for real..  :wink:

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: 23:11, Thu 20 March 2008 »
I added that other link into my post above yours funny enough.... you must have been watching the other vid when i edited my post :)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: 23:59, Thu 20 March 2008 »
I added that other link into my post above yours funny enough.... you must have been watching the other vid when i edited my post :)

Yep...  watchin that was better than anything on TV at the moment! Got me trying out a few new things..   put some decals on the window now.. and lowered the front a bit more..  (I wanna buy it now!) job done.

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
a ha
« Reply #44 on: 18:46, Sat 22 March 2008 »
i didnt even notice the skelton lol goes to show my good eye site lol  :lol:
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!