Author Topic: Phase 1 project  (Read 10845 times)

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 21:02, Thu 06 March 2008 »
the power figures i typed at the top are the right 1s from  the last time it was rooling roaded dont thing its there nw tho lol the ad 4 the car is in the sales part (page 2 under a phase 1 4 sale need tlc) hope to get it roaded when goin n c wot she does
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 22:01, Sat 08 March 2008 »
yeh mate keep it a standard colour it will look much better,good luck with the project mate 8)

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: 21:06, Mon 10 March 2008 »
thing is im new to the gtt scene so would appreciate any names of orginal colours
Thanks
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!

cathalGT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 21:35, Mon 10 March 2008 »
the phase 2 white was glasier white.
But I think the phase 1 may have been different
Loads of spare bits and bobs for the 5 if you need anything, all used of course but if your in Ireland and your stuck give me a bell

NaylsGTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: 22:19, Mon 10 March 2008 »
Quote from: "cathalGT"
the phase 2 white was glasier white.
But I think the phase 1 may have been different

glacier white & pearlescent white,there are a few variants of all shades though :)

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: 20:27, Tue 11 March 2008 »
Ah well i got a friend who works 4 a paint company so ill have to investigate but i shall get her painted all orginal thanks guys
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!

stage 3 muppet

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: 01:05, Thu 13 March 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTBoy"
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Not being funny mate but if thats 210 bhp my cars 300bhp :lol:  8)

http://www.rtoc.org/library/fileroot%5C ... QWOFIA.mp3

hows that then pal as by your own car you say you make 207bhp@21psi??? and im looking at the spec of your motor pal and i bet you it aint nearly as good as mine however ratty my motor  looks lol (has been this spec for last 6yrs haha and still going was built to take 32psi but setup to be a strong 200-220bhp
and to be fair and anal about it it made 212bhp @26psi of boost when last rr,d
and yes intercooler hasnt been strapped as the twin intercooler setup i had on it was removed and sold to a good pal of mine who went on to have a mag  feature with his own car lol
so whilst car was sat up i put the std jobbie back on as i wasnt going to use the car for a while as it was pushed to the back of my garage lol were its stayed for the last 4yrs
motor is a fully balanced ,blueprinted motor ,crank and rods have been shotpeened for added strength to allow higher boost threshold
crank is also knifedged ,tuftrided and dowelled for added safety . it runs a one of cam reprofiled by a good pal of mine who works for a well known firm (piper) low compression ratio is also one off .all rods ,pistons have also been matched
head has been heavily ported and polished ,big valves (sodium filled)also inlet and exhaust ports have been matched ,along with reworking of the combustion chamber area
tbh lads i couldnt give a toss what you all think lmao ,truth of the matter is im a 31yr old guy(not just some random 15yr old bullshitter keyboard warrior) who has owned this car for the last 10yrs ,have taken it as far as i want had fun along the way but is now time to move on lol
i saw the enthusiasm ollie showed and i knew it would be cared for hence me selling to him lol
and just for the record its a pearlescant white or silver colour originally and i beleive it to be the rarest phs1 colour?? i may be wrong
gunk around header tank is were i never cleaned it from when i took cap off when it was a little hot as im lazy like that lmao,, which coincidentally we all know they do run hot heheh even with a copper core rad and low temp switch with override switch

car will be mot,d in 2 weeks hopefully and then it will be painted before being sold on as after nrly 10yrs of ownership i think i owe it to her lmao
colour will be a surprise for you ollie pal so wait and see .... and no its not the original colour and dont give a shite about the purists on here that will moan....... hell it was bright yellow and on boost before ali g,s car was even built ffs so a nutty colour is only fitting

regards !!!!!

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: 09:42, Thu 13 March 2008 »
Well looking at the state of the car/engine bay i was going on how it looked now & in it's current state it wouldn't push 150 bhp without blowing the cooler to pieces lol.
Fair play if it has all that work done to it & i appologise now if it has, I just hoped Ollie hadn't bought a lemon thats all & was looking out for him.
Oh & why pick on me  :lol:

Rgds
Steve

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: 16:17, Thu 13 March 2008 »
steve mate no worries all 4goten know just hope i can rely on your for elp along the way :lol:  :lol:  jed mate cant wait to pick her up mate guna take good care off her she deserves it ill b in touh over the weekend 17 on saturday so shud have the money soon many thanks
Ollie
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!

stage 3 muppet

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: 18:37, Thu 13 March 2008 »
yeah no worries pal lmao its all good .... sometimes you cant judge a motor by its appearance that motor has been in for the last 5yrs plus mate and never been touched apart from maintenance and ,the usual headgasket lmao ..
im not into shiny stuff and bits that look great but serve no purpose and no dig intended pal but a lot of firms sell things they claim give power gains etc and infact they do fook all ,i just do what works and im a person who will see a product and make my own up ....take for example the adjustable crank sensor i made ,great for retarding the ignition a cpl of degrees when running big boost ,helps eliminate pinking and also spark blowout ...
yes it looks old but the motor loses no oil never overheats and has been abused for 5yrs and still strong as ever ..but all the ingredients are there pal .. i like it like that as have had fun over the years destroying big well known motors with my ahem STANDARD r5 turbo lump lmao
hell back then front mount intercoolers were too dear so i plumbed in 2 lancia intercoolers back to back which gave a capacity of just over double the size of std jobbie and as boost was spread between the two less chance of popping the intercooler

the car isnt a lemon pal trust me ..car has cult status locally lol due to colour and many scalping of so called big power car round here inc m3,s etc only shortfall is the terrible close ratio box hell even one with a longer final drive still falls flat at 140mph
regards

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: 19:53, Thu 13 March 2008 »
guys i NEED a new rad was going to fit a forge front mounted as no need to wait there just around the corner from me but is there any other you can recomend?
Thanks
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: 20:52, Thu 13 March 2008 »
Quote from: "stage 3 muppet"
Quote from: "GTTBoy"
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

so a nutty colour is only fitting

regards !!!!!

who mentioned nuts?

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: 20:55, Thu 13 March 2008 »
Quote from: "stage 3 muppet"
im not into shiny stuff
regards

Will be good to see it painted  8) bit more shiny.

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: 21:16, Thu 13 March 2008 »
stage 3 muppet paintin the hole car a completly different colour for free cant wait to c it all still 4 650 lol GTT boost love the picci
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: 08:23, Fri 14 March 2008 »
No offence but in the first post you mentioned the engine runs hot (apparently like they all do) then in the second you say it never overheats, then you say you replace the 'usual' headgasket.

Mine never overheats, head gasket is still in one piece and doesn't churn out rusty coloured water.  :shock: