Author Topic: PH I GTT  (Read 1724 times)

mistreku

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
PH I GTT
« on: 22:00, Sun 27 January 2008 »
ok..so here it is..my baby. R5 GTT PH I '86. not too many mods here, and not a specific reason to post it. but, on the other hand, i won't be starting a million threads about my probs, i'll just put them here. :)
mods 'till now: nissan 200sx intercooler, rejetted carb, boost-controller, BOV, lowered the front end of the car, the back end is next. put on the campus bumper (what a shame, i know), coz i didn't find any GTT bumpers here. something else? i dunno.. so, here it is:

mistreku

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 22:23, Sun 27 January 2008 »
ok, now that you've been introduced, here's another one: after fixing those probs with the headgasket, today i had the first drags. at the third drag race, after running neck to neck with a vw scirocco turbocharged for 3/4 of the the strip, i thought that i had to kick some extra pressure (i was running at 1.0 bar) and turn the boost controller. after about 3 sec, the vw put on the brakes, (don't know the reason, the drag wasn't finished), so i thought no need to run any further. i realesed the gas pedal and let the engine downrev. the prob is that i was in the 3rd gear at about 6000 rpm. next thing i know, the engine is kicking like hell. dunno what was the dumb move, either the downreving too hard, or the pressure was too much for the engine to handle. although i guess it didn't exceed 1.3 bar, which i don't find too much. anyway, i reckon it's a rod shell.. it doesn't kick all the time, mostly after 1800-2000 rpm, so i guess it's not a piston that's doind this.
p.s. that was an awfull long post.
p.p.s. i got beaten by a fookin' Golf II 1.8 16v ASPIRATED! i guess this one hurts more than broken the rod shell. dammit!

ollie91

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
o dear
« Reply #2 on: 19:36, Thu 31 January 2008 »
hope its not 2 serious fella like the standerd look of the car  :D  :D
If in doubt GO FLAT OUT!

jure

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault-klub.hr
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 00:23, Fri 01 February 2008 »
My engine had nasty knocking sound. I thought it was problem with bent pushrod but after closer look it was cracked piston :cry:

mistreku

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 19:47, Fri 01 February 2008 »
not my case. i took off the engine bay and guess what? really fooked up shell, and pushrod. it looks really nasty. i've put some new shells, hoping it will last until the spring comes. coz now it's too damn cold to work outside. i'm planning a complete engine rebuild this spring, in case i don't get to sell the car till then. we'll see. i'll be happy with both options.