Author Topic: turbo timer?  (Read 1906 times)

leighR5

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
turbo timer?
« on: 15:29, Thu 15 November 2007 »
Right i would just like to know if any of you guys have a turbo timer? is there much point on putting one on a slightly modified R5, to increase life expectancy?

Also are they easy to fit?

jure

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault-klub.hr
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 15:49, Thu 15 November 2007 »
Don't have one but plan to fit in near future. If you take care about your can there isn't really use of it. After heavy foot let it idle for two minutes and turbo will last for ages.

GTT has really simple electrical network so it would be very easy to fit one.

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 15:55, Thu 15 November 2007 »
If you have an alarm it's a waste of time as you won't be able to arm it without it going off, sort of waste of time then as you want to be indoors, i also heard that it can invalidate the insurance due to the fact that you leave the car running.
I just let the car idle for a minute or drive off boost for a short while before i get home.
I did fit one years ago in one of my GTT's & they are very easy to fit.

HTH

Steve

leighR5

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 15:56, Thu 15 November 2007 »
hmmm bad idea then, i have a cat 1 alam system, unless i can get past that?

5teve L

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 15:59, Thu 15 November 2007 »
You won't be able to leave the car & arm the alarm mate. Unless it's a clifford & it has intellistart with TT facility.

Hafis

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 20:51, Thu 15 November 2007 »
Ok giving it i dont care about alarm and i just want the turbo timer:D easy to fit u say, i hope its true...any recomendations on the type

laura

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 00:48, Fri 16 November 2007 »
Quote from: "GTTBoy"
You won't be able to leave the car & arm the alarm mate. Unless it's a clifford & it has intellistart with TT facility.

not entirely true.

i have a greddy auto timer in my 5 and a toad alarm, and i can arm the alarm while the timers counting down but need to turn off the sensors. the alarm is atill active and will sound if the cars broken into.

as for the insurance, i dont see it bein that much of a problem due to the fact that turbo timers have security features whereas if the handbrake is released the engine will switch off. this greddy timer also has speed funtions and if it senses the car move, via vehicle speed sensor the engine will shut off.

cavsri130

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: 06:43, Sat 17 November 2007 »
i aquired one yesturday, not sure if im going to fit it to my white one or keep it for the grey one i have my eye on!
IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT!

jure

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault-klub.hr
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: 13:22, Sun 18 November 2007 »
Quote from: "Hafis"
Ok giving it i dont care about alarm and i just want the turbo timer:D easy to fit u say, i hope its true...any recomendations on the type

Greddy, HKS or Blitz. All depends what design you want. Each one has model that has timer for measuring acceleration and other features 8)