Author Topic: wheel offset  (Read 2035 times)

laura

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
wheel offset
« on: 15:47, Wed 17 October 2007 »
hi guys & gals

hope everyone is ok!!

ive got plans for one of my rennys, ive got a big wide body kit to put on it very simlar to the dimma kit, ive got to get some new wheels and im not sure what offset would be best.  i was going to buy some big wide wheels mayb like 8-9 wide but then remembered il probley have the problem that they will scrape on the inside of the arch at the back of the wheel as well as probley the top of the arch, i then started thing about offset and that if i get a smaller offset the wheels will sit to the edge of the body kit and hopefully not scrape on the back but ive got no idea on how to measure what offset i will need without having a wheel there to measure, are you with me lol?

im hoping to get some rims with a dish/lip on them which i believe will affect the offset too??

can anyone help me out please? im stuck  :shock:

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

jure

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.renault-klub.hr
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 18:20, Wed 17 October 2007 »
You don't want to go deeper than ET 42. If you going to fit 9 inch wide wheels (no matter 15" or 16") you must go more than ET 35 :wink:

Just to make this more simple. Above mentioned offset will fit standard bodywork GTT without problems. Measure how much your arches are wider  than standard and add those two inches of wheel width (if you are going for 9" wide rims) and you will know approx what you wheel offset should be 8)

djmers

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=454
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 20:25, Wed 17 October 2007 »
Hey laura, are you on about the monte carlo kit, if so ive just bought a five with this kit on, i cant help with the offset but i know with this kit ive seen no bigger than 7 inch wide wheels on. mine has got 17" wheels which are 7 inches wide but still sit too short off the arch. so i think spacers would do the  trick and keep the same offset. Also a 215/40/- tyre aswell. i belive this is how they all do it. hope this helps. matt

laura

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 14:20, Fri 19 October 2007 »
hi

thanks guys for the help, the kit is the same as the dimma kit but doesnt have them nastey looking lines in the rear quaters. im a little weary of using spacers as i will think my wheels are going to fall off lol, i reckon that might be the way to go tho and il have to over come my fear of spacers  :?

what are the offset of the wheels on the monte carlo kit? i do love that kit, thought bout buying that myself and then came across some body kit moulds for sale for the wide boy kit so brought them and got some made up which was a lot cheaper. still tempted for monte carlo tho as you dont see many with that kit.
have you got any pics of it as id love to see it.

would i be able to tell the offset from the amount of spacers i use? and maybe go about it that way?

djmers

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 10:32, Wed 24 October 2007 »
Again im not sure about the offset will have a look into it and will let you know.. i will check what mine is.. where do you want me to put the pics, i got a right touch with this motor... will explain further when i put pics up.  will get back to you soon about the offset..

laura

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 11:20, Wed 24 October 2007 »
thanks!

have you added your pics to the cars bit?  cant wait to see it.

look foward to hearing from you soon   :D

djmers

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 12:05, Wed 24 October 2007 »
Im at work at the mo so will upload tonight, will send you a pm with the link when done, also ive pm'd you some info on how to measure the offset and a few otherbits of info.