Author Topic: H150 GTT Cars  (Read 27155 times)

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 16:03, Fri 11 April 2008 »
Getting there with the bumper work

Got some mesh for it there last w'end..  The weather over here is shockin at the minute and I still havnt got it outa the garage yet :(

Bumper Now

One sunny day in March (so much for summer)

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: 17:48, Fri 11 April 2008 »
Lovin the car mate...  look forward to seeing it with the mesh...think that will make it look tasty!  8)   Talking of weather...  we just had hail stones the size of golf balls coming down on us...  thank fook my car is in the garage... would have smashed the roof up! lol.

(just noticed...  is the mesh on in that bottom pic?  its hard to tell from that angle? Oh... that was before u cut the bumper...  I need some glasses! lol)

Keep us posted    8)

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: 18:21, Fri 11 April 2008 »
Looking good matey.

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: 14:12, Fri 02 May 2008 »
Finally I have the 5 out on the road  :D  :D  :D

Lordmoss

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: 19:24, Fri 02 May 2008 »
Lovely looking cars mate. :D

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: 21:45, Thu 22 May 2008 »
Cheers for the comments guys

Been a few more changes lately.  I have to wait ages for the paintshop to take the car so am fiddling about with other things..  

Got a down pipe from Boris on the RTOC (well worth joining by the way).  Seems a good job.  Only probem is the 2 1/4" exhast I have on the car wont mate with it so I have had to resurrect an old 2 1/2" one I had stored away in the shed.  Been busy trying to get it tidied and onto the car..  Couldnt believe the amount of stuff I had hoarded away lol..  Handy to have anyway..  It will be 2 1/2" all the way from the turbo now..  Just have to try and get it mounted with out it rattling ..  not an easy thing to do with it being so low  :(

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: 23:53, Thu 22 May 2008 »
That looks very nice!   8) and with the 2.5" all the way through will be even better  :D

I was wondering if you can help with a few ques..

1.  When you fitted the charge cooler was it a noticable increase in performance?

2.  Do you find your group a carb over fuels?   does it drink like Oliver Read even when off boost?

How much boost are you running?

Thanks!!  nice work with your latest add on!   8)

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: 15:49, Fri 23 May 2008 »
The biggest difference I have noticed so far was fitting the Cam..  It really pulls up the revs now.  I am only running 12 psi boost at the minute as I am waitin on a carb rebuild kit to refit a standard venturi carb.  

The grp A is ok if your driving it flatout all the time but a bit of a pain for normal driving.  It hesitates a bit and runs rich off boost.  My afr's at the min are low 13's when idling, 10 - 12 when off boost normal driving and at WOT 11.8 - 12.2..
I personally wouldnt bother with the grp a carb..  From what I have read about them no one seems to be fussed on them..

The charge cooler seems to work ok.  I only had a forge alloy intercooler before. Performance wise I dont think I noticed that big of a difference tho on the rolling road with the standard engine, grp A carb and chargecooler it made approx 10hp more at 15psi of boost than running a standard airbox and forge intercooler..  Not sure if the carb made the difference or the chargecooler..

Sorry for the essay...
W

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: 17:59, Fri 23 May 2008 »
Quote from: "H150GTT"
The biggest difference I have noticed so far was fitting the Cam..  It really pulls up the revs now.  I am only running 12 psi boost at the minute as I am waitin on a carb rebuild kit to refit a standard venturi carb.  

The grp A is ok if your driving it flatout all the time but a bit of a pain for normal driving.  It hesitates a bit and runs rich off boost.  My afr's at the min are low 13's when idling, 10 - 12 when off boost normal driving and at WOT 11.8 - 12.2..
I personally wouldnt bother with the grp a carb..  From what I have read about them no one seems to be fussed on them..

The charge cooler seems to work ok.  I only had a forge alloy intercooler before. Performance wise I dont think I noticed that big of a difference tho on the rolling road with the standard engine, grp A carb and chargecooler it made approx 10hp more at 15psi of boost than running a standard airbox and forge intercooler..  Not sure if the carb made the difference or the chargecooler..

Sorry for the essay...
W

Cheers for the hep.. :wink:   very useful info..   I had decided against the group a carb for the same reasons u mentioned, I just wasnt sure if i had just heard a few bad reports and most of the time they ran without any probs.  But hearing your info really helps clear things up on that side  :D

:)

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: 14:49, Sat 05 July 2008 »
Well I have finally made a start with the white car.  Just serviced it there this morning and got the std rims back from being refurbished  :D  
Nice and clean..  Just need to get a new set of tyres now.

Will have to get it booked in for an MOT and see where to go from there..

Have a few bits that need sorted in the engine bay but not very much.  

Will hopefully have it out for a spin by the end of the summer.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: 18:42, Sat 05 July 2008 »
It looks an absolute corker!   8)   loving the whitey mate.  Doesnt look like anything needs doing to me... looks great as it is now  :wink:

dazzleandshine

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.oxfordshirechauffeurs.com
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: 18:59, Sat 05 July 2008 »
lovely looking cars mate :D

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: 19:37, Sun 06 July 2008 »
Quote from: "GTTboost"
It looks an absolute corker!   8)   loving the whitey mate.  Doesnt look like anything needs doing to me... looks great as it is now  :wink:

Cheers guys

Just want to replace the battery tray and remove the dump valve. Will maybe invest is some new std boost hoses..  will see how the budget goes.. I have a std intercooler lying around somewere too..  

After that a bit of spit and polish to try and get everything cleaned up.  :D

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: 13:34, Tue 05 August 2008 »
Finally got around to giving the 5 a bit of a clean.  Its not as squeaky clean as some of the guys cars on here but them guys really know what they are doing 8)

It was in bad need.

Boot now awaiting some new black carpet

That should keep it right for another while..

H150GTT

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: 22:37, Mon 15 September 2008 »
The car passed MOT  last week.
Got the car to the paintshop as well.

Before Pic

After pic..  was a bit dark for the pic
got the front bumper resprayed as well as the new grille

Boot cartpets (was a bit of a mess)

Nice and clean boot