Author Topic: rattle's!!  (Read 9319 times)

bigben

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: 10:01, Sat 25 October 2008 »
im having the same troubble but ive just grown to love my rattles even tho you sound like a complete tw@t from the outside  :lol: two pheonix gold 15s and a 4000w lanzar amp gets it the panels flexing good.

i have cracked my old flushed boot on my nova with thus setup aswell :twisted:

dubstep

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: rattle's!!
« Reply #16 on: 14:22, Tue 09 March 2010 »
I think there could be a fair bit of rattling as I'm planning 4 12" subs in one box.

you may aswell jus use 2 12s with a well really good quality amp.

4 is a bit excessive isnt it?!  :lol:
I joined to sell my 480 engine and now i want a 5!

http://www.renault5gtturbo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7434

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17:30, Tue 09 March 2010 »
Quote from: "dubstep"
you may aswell jus use 2 12s with a well really good quality amp. 4 is a bit excessive isnt it?!  :lol:
Not at all. I don't believe in that word! Besides you can wire them series parallel that way and get the most out of the amp in bridged mode. I still think it'd rattle though even with half a ton of dynomat..

linni

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 00:21, Tue 16 March 2010 »
haha think im gonna haveto invest in some serious soundproofing smooth boot + 6000w doesnt seem like a smart plan afterall  :oops:
wonder whatll crack first the filler or my windows  :lol:

BLUE85GT

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12:44, Sat 06 August 2011 »
My opinon on the four 12" L7 situation is that those subs will not breath right in the boot of a gt5 its too much squeezed in a small space ( defo combination for rattles ) also you will not be able to get optimum cubic capacity for the box to run 4 12z. its a nice idea and would look cool to but in my opinion you would be wasting cash on getting 4 L7s when you could do the same job with 2 good 15z, and be saving weight. Also the box would have to be built like a monster to run 4 L7s properly without flexin and thats more weight again. All depends on what you want mate, im an S.P.L head by heart and have been building cars in the car audio scene for years so if you want any pointers or tips just give me a shout!  :)
KEEPIN IT RETRO !!

laura

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12:17, Tue 23 August 2011 »
a smooted boot should not crack if its been done correctly. U should not fill with filler altho the name would suggest so. Fibreglass is for filling n filler is for shapping up so anybody filling large dents or smoothing boots with just filler is doing it wrong. Ive been trained at college to do car body work so understand the processes and have been doing it nearly 6 years. If any of you have ever been 2 car shows n seen/heard sound system comps, u may have noticed most of the cars r heavily modified, smoothed boots, fibreglass bodykits etc, you dont see them all cracked n falling off. As long as its been done correctly u should have no probs  :D

DeanGT5

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12:37, Tue 23 August 2011 »
Surely a smoothed boot will have a panel welded across then just a small amount of filler to make flush, Not filled with clag until it weighs 2 ton!! (unless your Lepu from Chop shop garage  :lol: ). I agree done correctly there shouldnt be any issues.

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21:59, Tue 23 August 2011 »
Quote from: "BLUE85GT"
My opinon on the four 12" L7 situation is that those subs will not breath right in the boot of a gt5 its too much squeezed in a small space ( defo combination for rattles ) also you will not be able to get optimum cubic capacity for the box to run 4 12z. its a nice idea and would look cool to but in my opinion you would be wasting cash on getting 4 L7s when you could do the same job with 2 good 15z, and be saving weight. Also the box would have to be built like a monster to run 4 L7s properly without flexin and thats more weight again. All depends on what you want mate, im an S.P.L head by heart and have been building cars in the car audio scene for years so if you want any pointers or tips just give me a shout!  :)
You're right, I decided against the four square subs route a while back now for a few reasons. Firstly, I've heard square subs aren't as efficient as round ones and the shape makes for a weakness in the corners of the cone eventually when you crank them so probably best to stick with round.
Second, I was gonna go the series parallel route but I (wrongly) thought each sub would be seeing the same output that channel of the amp, bridged or not, had to offer. Turns out this isn't the case although the amp is fooled into thinking it's only running one sub hence the impedance at that output is still 4 ohms but the power is split equally between the four subs which is no good at all for S.P.L! I'm still not in a position to do an install yet anyway, although when I am the idea of boxing out the whole back for a big system is still appealing as there's hardly room for anyone to sit in the back of a renault 5 anyway, unless you're a shortarse up front which I'm not!