Author Topic: Revived Ex Elf Cup R5 GTT  (Read 3123 times)

Raceit

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Revived Ex Elf Cup R5 GTT
« on: 09:40, Thu 09 May 2013 »
Hi
I have recently bought an ex Elf Cup and subsequently Super Coupe Car which I have revived and had my first race in it at Brands Hatch on Monday (6th May) in a CSCC Future Classics race. Quite badly outclassed (they have put me in the 3 litre class!) but (mostly) had a lot of fun.

Heres a photo:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Revived Ex Elf Cup R5 GTT
« Reply #1 on: 22:19, Thu 09 May 2013 »
Very nice, what spec is it? Does it still have the original cup parts?

Bob @ CGB Motorsport also has a cup car, he might be able to help if you get stuck with parts.

Raceit

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:14, Fri 10 May 2013 »
It is pretty well as it did the Super Coupe at the moment, engine was recently (1 race ago) rebuilt with forged rods, wossner pistons, group A valves etc.  I have done some minimal lightening by fitting perspex side and rear windows, so that it can easily return to Cup spec as there are historic series springing up which it is eligible for.

If we turn the boost up much at the moment we have major heat issues so a new thicker rad and water cooled turbo system is planned. However we have to keep it all within the existing silhouette so no big rads projecting (anyhow this would be too vulnerable in racing). We have to run pump fuel too, so quite restricted.

It has AVO dampers which we are not sure about but should be better than the original Konis in the Cup, surely?

WEe may try 15" wheels but slight change to the gearing means it would need testing first.

timotei1980

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18:09, Mon 10 June 2013 »
I love old race cars.

Are you allowed modification or does it have to stay to its original "cup" spec?
What other cars compete in your series and what tracks does the series visit?

I would like to get involved in some sort of motorsport in the future.