Author Topic: my first ever r5  (Read 5239 times)

drw32

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
my first ever r5
« on: 21:21, Sun 23 September 2012 »
hi, got me an r5 a couple weeks ago, not the best looking but its solid, got it like this

since then ive put a oem bumper on

slightly different white but once i find a grille and bonnet im hoping to paint it over the winter.

also lowered the front today -35mm but think it might need more but itll do till i get coilovers at some point

unsure of spoiler as yet......

it has the 1.7turbo volvo engine in, which isnt bad but standard so thatll change over time, also new wheels and exhaust en route so hope to have them on through the week, then next is a fmic, then ll see how funds go and what my options are.

drw32

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: my first ever r5
« Reply #1 on: 21:22, Sun 23 September 2012 »
opinons good/bad welcome as is any help/advice/tips  :D

bigman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13:52, Mon 24 September 2012 »
paint looks in good nick onit i would say get rid of the spoiler ,bonnet(replace with standard) and change of wheels but if funds or low spray them in gloss black and lower the front abit more that what i would do but everyones taste are different and welcome to the forum pal

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16:16, Mon 24 September 2012 »
Not a bad project car you got there mate, few little changes needed on outside but least its solid thats main thing

Good to see another volvo powered 5 out there, i'll be doing a fair few tuning parts for these engines soon as i'm moving into tuning these alot more now
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

drw32

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17:51, Mon 24 September 2012 »
Quote from: "bigman"
paint looks in good nick onit i would say get rid of the spoiler ,bonnet(replace with standard) and change of wheels but if funds or low spray them in gloss black and lower the front abit more that what i would do but everyones taste are different and welcome to the forum pal

bonnet and grill will be getting changed when i find them, and already ordered new wheels(well 2nd hand) not the ones i want but will do till everything else is done. front got lowered 35mm yesterday but i cant see a difference really, save for coilovers i think :) . as for the spoiler, i cant make my mind up whether i like it or not, but removing it will leave holes in the bootlid so its staying for the meantime.......

drw32

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17:52, Mon 24 September 2012 »
Quote from: "markey mark (bd)"
Not a bad project car you got there mate, few little changes needed on outside but least its solid thats main thing

Good to see another volvo powered 5 out there, i'll be doing a fair few tuning parts for these engines soon as i'm moving into tuning these alot more now

ill keep my eyes peeled for these parts  :wink:

drw32

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18:38, Thu 04 October 2012 »
new wheels finally on

drw32

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19:04, Mon 22 October 2012 »
new front seats fitted (megane 225), still trying to figure out if i can sueeze the rear bench in  :roll:

just waiting on the mrs bringin my brand new oem grill round, then fit that and my new valeo yellow fogs.

t25 will be fitted at the weekend :)

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19:34, Mon 22 October 2012 »
Could do with a set of those seats, looks well mate  :D

drw32

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20:52, Mon 22 October 2012 »
thanks, was a lucky find in local breakers...... :P

timotei1980

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18:20, Mon 10 June 2013 »
looks a nice base to start with.

how do you feel the 1.7 compares with a 1.4 GTT - more torquey, does the boost come in earlier, does it still rev the same or is it lazier etc..?

looks wise I would put a std bonnet on it (as you've said), change the side repeaters for std ambers, and change the front indicators for ambers.