Author Topic: rotton r5 turbo RE SHELL ADVICE  (Read 6619 times)

dazlaboy101

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
rotton r5 turbo RE SHELL ADVICE
« on: 12:34, Sat 21 January 2012 »
hi every1 im daryl and as you can see im a newbie so am looking for advive. after having a really good look around at everyones cars and mods i decided you would be the best people to ask advice from. i have just brought a 5 turbo for very little money off a guy who has had it sitting around for years the body is a bit rusty needs some work to get it to be water tight again but the engine gearbox and stage2 hybrid turbo are all in great nic. after buying it and taking it to my work to get it all running a friend told me of a 1987 1.2 5 door for sale so i went to have a look and i was shocked at how clean and un touched this 1.2 was it has been dry stored for 10 years or more i put a jump pack on it put a little petrol in the carb turned the key and it started !!!!!!!!!! so my plan now is to put the r5 turbo engine into this car but not change the outside of the car at all. my aim is to pull up at the lights next to some kid in his 1.4 body kitted corsa with his silly loud sub in the boot reving his car because he thinks im in some slow old 5 door campus them when the lights turn green nail it and laugh as he falls behind but im unsure of the amount of work  involved in doing this. so any advive would be great. i know that some of you would think this is a very strange thing to do but i love the renault 5 i dont care if its a turbo or a campus i just fell in love with these cars and i like a bit of both so to be able to make a mint looking standerd campus but have the power of a turbo would be ideal for me . and advice would be good guys and i will get some pictures of both the cars asap

also i cant spell to save my life so sorry if its a bit hard to understand

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: rotton r5 turbo RE SHELL ADVICE
« Reply #1 on: 13:53, Sun 22 January 2012 »
they call them sleepers, its not as hard as it may sound. people do it to the extra vans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzzQAESh ... re=related

(and dont forget when u go out looking for local kiddy's to smoke take ur nan with u and have her ride shotgun)

the rear axle is slightly long on the turbo when put on a campus i think it sticks out a little bit, but the arches hid it on the turbo (i think) so i dunno what u would do.. i dont no whats wrong with the campus one, n why it cant be sused on a turbo car

also the campus has drum breaks on the back

part from that i do belive its just a case of ripping the campus lump out.. and looms, and just swapping it all over
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15:41, Sun 22 January 2012 »
Quote from: "small_all@hotmail.com"
(and dont forget when u go out looking for local kiddy's to smoke take your nan with u and have her ride shotgun)
Haha :lol:

dazlaboy101

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16:30, Sun 22 January 2012 »
o god nannys wig would come off ;-) do you think that i couldnt use the campus rear axel then ? and im looking and stripping the turbo engine down while its out and maybe getting a face cam and uprated valve springs and advice on whats best ?

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16:50, Sun 22 January 2012 »
Quote from: "dazlaboy101"
o god nannys wig would come off ;-) do you think that i couldnt use the campus rear axel then ? and im looking and stripping the turbo engine down while its out and maybe getting a face cam and uprated valve springs and advice on whats best ?

im not sure. i would have thought the campus and gtt would be the same but i have read a few times that the ggt is slightly wider or longer(wheel to wheel)

some people might notice the discs on the back and have u sussed. i dont think theres any thing from stopping u using drums, it will still work but they put discs on the front and back of the turbo for a reason.. and it is surprisingly easy to change the back axle aswell.. as long as your break lines cum of ok,
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

dazlaboy101

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21:37, Tue 24 January 2012 »
just a little update for you . i have swaped over the rear axel that was nice and easy i am goint to make all new break pipes as the ols ones dont look 2 good and are a pain to get off . droped the complete engine and sub frame off of both cars today and swaped the turbo lump into the campus . all fitted ok apart from a couple of little mods . i would like to find a wiring diagram for the 5 turbo but have no idea where 2 look ???? any ideas ?

also i am keeping the steel wheels on the campus so the disks can not be seen

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22:11, Tue 24 January 2012 »
A turbo'd campus always puts smile on peoples face's, fairly easy to do and don't have to muck around with much of the woring if you want to leave standard dash in there.

Give abit of inspiration here's pic of my old campus  :wink:

BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

dazlaboy101

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20:35, Sat 04 February 2012 »
wow that looks great a lot cleaner than my engine . i have now pretty much finished the swap over the engine is starting and running having a little trouble with gear selector i used the campus gear set up just attached it to the turbo gear box but it will only pick up 3rd and 4th gear nothing else but it looked the same as the turbo one ?????? and the person who had the renault 5 turbo before me has made a mess of the vacuum pipes and for the life of mer i can not work out where they all go and cant find any info anywhere to copy ????? so if any body know or can help that would be great