Author Topic: F7P 1.8 16v conversion  (Read 7264 times)

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: F7P 1.8 16v conversion
« Reply #15 on: 20:38, Thu 24 November 2011 »
With 300bhp, goos set of drag slicks and you can drive it right there no reason why you can't hit an 11 with that power, i'd expect to see terminal speeds of around 120mph too

For the gearbox you will be almost getting close to the limit with that power although its torque that really kills the box, if keeping to that level you should be fine

Going indiviual throttle bodies alittle excessive as the standard throttle body has been proven to work up to 400bhp, with mates car (turbo ted) being developed more with the standard throttle body in situ i'm sure it'll do more. Think he worked out the combined area of noth throats is around 65mm so plenty big enough
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

LazaRs

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11:42, Wed 30 November 2011 »
Quote from: "markey mark (bd)"
With 300bhp, goos set of drag slicks and you can drive it right there no reason why you can't hit an 11 with that power, i'd expect to see terminal speeds of around 120mph too

For the gearbox you will be almost getting close to the limit with that power although its torque that really kills the box, if keeping to that level you should be fine

Going indiviual throttle bodies alittle excessive as the standard throttle body has been proven to work up to 400bhp, with mates car (turbo ted) being developed more with the standard throttle body in situ i'm sure it'll do more. Think he worked out the combined area of noth throats is around 65mm so plenty big enough

Thanks, i am thinking now on what is more chep for me, or which route to go for... N/A with NOS or turbo it...
I was thinking of going N/a route, by fitting forged hi comp pistons - a good set of cams, individual throttle bodies, williams 2.0l head and standalone ecu..
I guess i will be able to get out 190~200 BHP, and just go for 100bhp shot of nos...

I am guessing the N/a route will be more reliable engine... As the turbo is hard to run for everyday anyway...

What to u think mate?

thanks !!!!

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #17 on: 19:16, Wed 30 November 2011 »
Quote from: "LazaRs"
Quote from: "markey mark (bd)"

Thanks, i am thinking now on what is more chep for me, or which route to go for... N/A with NOS or turbo it...
I was thinking of going N/a route, by fitting forged hi comp pistons - a good set of cams, individual throttle bodies, williams 2.0l head and standalone ecu..
I guess i will be able to get out 190~200 BHP, and just go for 100bhp shot of nos...

I am guessing the N/a route will be more reliable engine... As the turbo is hard to run for everyday anyway...

What to u think mate?

thanks !!!!

Turbo can be reliable aslong as fueling is correct and charge temps good