Author Topic: Campus update  (Read 2174 times)

Ridgeback

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Campus update
« on: 22:43, Wed 16 November 2011 »
Well,I picked up a GTX with some rust issues and started swapping over some bits.Alloys,interior,parcel shelf,'80's factory fit pioneer stereo  :D ,parcel shelf,fag lighter,tailgate plastic inner cover,fuel flap,clock,glovebox lid (mine was blue) just got the bigger vented discs, callipers and carriers to take off along with the instruments and heater fan motor

Now I'm torn between chucking in the 1.7,to replace the 1100 (As it's free),or stick to my original valver plan.I was even looking at the Blue GTT on E Bay at the mo',with an 8V 2.0 lump from a Laguna.Apparently they have a good torque spread,even though the kick out a modest 115bhp.

Anyone need anything I haven't mentioned,give me a shout,as I still need to fund things like steering wheel and possibly the alternative engine.

Anyhoo, pics  :wink:

One of our consultants Rangey. 84K. nearly 250 x what I paid for my 5!

The Donor.One owner from new and the biggest history file I've ever seen.Sills are absolutely rotted out and the guy was quoted over 600 quid in labour.used for a year to trundle around a farm.Damn shame as these are pretty rare now  :(

Just some of the paperwork that came with it.Owners handbooks,handbook for the stereo,$$$'s worth of bills and a fully stamped service history.

And finely,the Laguna lump in the GTT. Looks like a v tidy install

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Campus update
« Reply #1 on: 18:31, Thu 17 November 2011 »
I know the person who had the blue 5 built with the Laguna engine in it, was built far few years ago now nice to see its still about although looks little more chavy since i worked on it.
Did go well and was suprised how torquy the engine felt even though it was from a Laguna

If you do buy the 5 let me know if you want to part with the rest of the car if you use the engine
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

deepee

• 130BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Campus update
« Reply #2 on: 15:04, Tue 29 November 2011 »
its a shame about the GTX, would look nice from the outside cleaned up!