• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic
« Reply #31 on: 20:55, Sat 01 October 2011 »
Quote from: "denty225"
Try this:
http://www.carz2.co.uk/renault-7393-c-3 ... =1&sort=2a

You da man, you da man 8)

Will save this to my favourites for when the time comes.
If you know of any links to sites that have any info on the pearly ones, pm please.

gt5rob

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09:16, Sun 02 October 2011 »
looking good mate! ive recently done both sills too, i didnt bother buying an inner sill, just cut a long strip of metal from work and welded it on. did you get through to the guy at carz2? the body parts on there are alot cheaper than people selling them on ebay. keep it up mate :mrgreen:

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 12:40, Sun 02 October 2011 »
I'm along ways off that yet but I'm keeping a file where I'm writing what I need to do and where I can get parts from etc. Carz is in there under the heading off body parts.

I have to formulate plans first. It's how I work :lol:

Top tip by the way 8)
If you know of any links to sites that have any info on the pearly ones, pm please.

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18:06, Thu 13 October 2011 »
Just had a chat with the chaps in work and they have agreed to blast my battery tray for me.
Will post some pics next week 8)

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15:33, Fri 24 February 2012 »
Sorry chaps been away from the forum for while soon after joining. Constant overtime in work as we are under staffed and they won't take anyone else on. Been doing 10 and 12 hour nights since before Xmas. :roll:

Anyways work is a little quieter now so am turning my attention back to my five. I got my battery tray blasted in work and gave it a couple of licks of red ox and black hammerite. It looks half decent now and I will get some pics up this weekend if I can remember the password to the photo bucket thing.

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 21:08, Sat 25 February 2012 »
Couple of coats of red oxide

Couple of coats of hammerite

Not factory I'm sure, but I reckon it will last for ever now.

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 21:21, Sat 25 February 2012 »
Thats red oxide on the bottom of the bolt not rust by the way :)  :wink:

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19:06, Wed 07 March 2012 »
Changed the oil and filter, the plugs and leads and filled with coolant. Unfortunately I got carried away and didn't check for leaks first, even though I read the label on the coolant and then dismissed it :roll:  Fresh water and coolant everywhere. :evil:  The plastic swirl pot had a crack in it so I tried to get it off to do a quick bodge with a tube of glue and the damn thing cracked into 3 pieces. Jubilee clips rusted solid and frayed hoses sent me over the edge so I knocked it on the head for the day, will start it again on the weekend.
Damn thing is fighting me already. :D

Cheers for the replacement pot Rob  :wink:

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 19:54, Wed 07 March 2012 »
Jubilee clips rusted solid and frayed hoses

Sounds like it could end with grazed knuckles.  :twisted:

I hate stubborn hoses, almost certainly end up whacking your hand into something when they do finally decide to let go.

hughesrobert13

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 20:12, Wed 07 March 2012 »
got to love a renault 5  :D  no probs mate
Every day is a school day !

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21:59, Wed 07 March 2012 »
Quote from: "Ash-Lee"
Jubilee clips rusted solid and frayed hoses

Sounds like it could end with grazed knuckles.  :twisted:

I hate stubborn hoses, almost certainly end up whacking your hand into something when they do finally decide to let go.
I have a pot of jubilee clips somewhere I may go around with the wd40 and replace them all one at a time every now and again.

The offending article, and the replacement

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 17:54, Sun 11 March 2012 »
Went for start up today. I had power but no spark, Rob came around to help and he worked out my coil is knackered. The knock sensor was stuck in with sealant as well so it's best I get another of those too. :oops:

I can't say I'm very disappointed as the way I see it I'm still a damn site further along than I have been for the last 13 years :)  It'll be another two weekends before I get back to the garage ( Damn family and work :twisted: ) But fingers crossed :D