Author Topic: Cosmic  (Read 11150 times)

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic
« Reply #15 on: 19:51, Sat 24 September 2011 »
That will be a proper nice car once the required TLC is applied. Good for you for hanging on to it for so long and not going down the " Breaking GT Turbo" route soooo many seem to find so easy.

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 13:31, Mon 26 September 2011 »
Quote from: "bazr5gtt"
:lol:  :lol:  :lol: ill keep my fingers crossed for you mate,im hoping because she has been garaged you wont have to worry about the tin worm,besta luck fella !!!!!
Cheers mate :wink:  most of his life in various garages with only short and occasional spells on driveways hopefully means the dreaded worm will won't have to much of a toehold on him.
If you know of any links to sites that have any info on the pearly ones, pm please.

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13:38, Mon 26 September 2011 »
Quote from: "denty225"
That will be a proper nice car once the required TLC is applied. Good for you for hanging on to it for so long and not going down the " Breaking GT Turbo" route soooo many seem to find so easy.

Could never bring myself to get rid of him, he was so much fun and so much heartache when I first got him. Everybody was going the RS turbo/205 GTI/XR3 or 2 route at the time that I just had to be different.
There's might have been more reliable but I still have mine they all drive mondeos now :D  probably.
If you know of any links to sites that have any info on the pearly ones, pm please.

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 14:10, Mon 26 September 2011 »
Quote from: "cosmicrayturbo"

Could never bring myself to get rid of him, he was so much fun and so much heartache when I first got him. Everybody was going the RS turbo/205 GTI/XR3 or 2 route at the time that I just had to be different.
There's might have been more reliable but I still have mine they all drive mondeos now :D  probably.

:lol: i bought my GT about 10 years ago now, and i also drive a mondeo :oops:

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15:54, Mon 26 September 2011 »
Quote from: "nadgtt1982"

:lol: i bought my GT about 10 years ago now, and i also drive a mondeo :oops:

is the bumper cracked ?
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05:59, Tue 27 September 2011 »
Sure is. Why is that buddy?

nadgtt1982

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:10, Tue 27 September 2011 »

I could be wrong but i think he was asking if my mondeo bumper was cracked, as you always see them about with gaffer tape holding them together  :lol: . If this was what he meant then the answer is no, but i have had the rear bumper off before and it is incredibly wobbly :shock: and its a top spec MK3 ST model.

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:19, Tue 27 September 2011 »
Quote from: "nadgtt1982"

I could be wrong but i think he was asking if my mondeo bumper was cracked, as you always see them about with gaffer tape holding them together  :lol: . If this was what he meant then the answer is no, but i have had the rear bumper off before and it is incredibly wobbly :shock: and its a top spec MK3 ST model.

yeh i was sorry dude, and like u say its hard to find the old mondeo's with a bit of rape tape stretched across the bumper, the people who make duck taape should ave made it in shades to match the mondeo  :lol:
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13:44, Tue 27 September 2011 »
Ahh I see what you mean, the standard mondeo taxicab modification. No cab is complete without thickly applied duct tape across some part of it's bodywork :D

"rape tape" so wrong but so funny :lol:

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 18:08, Tue 27 September 2011 »
Managed to get the battery tray out and this is what is left of it and what I found under it

That busted spanner is'nt mine by the way it was under the tray

underneath the battery tray wasnt to bad actually, all the rust was just dust from other things :)

Bit of a mess but not far off original so can be restored.

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18:14, Tue 27 September 2011 »

Looks a bit like a septic wound dosent it :)

Both of the bottom of the sills looked like this all the way along, what do you think chaps?

Repair or replace?

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19:21, Tue 27 September 2011 »
I found a spanner under my battery tray as well.  :lol:

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19:45, Tue 27 September 2011 »
The rust seems to eaten away the spanner rather than the bodywork :D  I can highly recomend it as a deterent against the worm :lol:  kinda like what they do on the ships :wink:

Have checked out inner sills on GT turbo spares and they are a very reasonable 21.50 each havent seen the outer ones yet though.
 Anybody know where I can source them :?:

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20:48, Wed 28 September 2011 »
That tray is new comapred to mine. I must try to get the bolts out some day! There'a a thread about sill in the 5 section that is quite recent. Have a search in there mate.

cosmicrayturbo

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:50, Fri 30 September 2011 »
Found it but it dosent mention outer sills, i'll keep looking :)