Author Topic: The Renausine 7 1/2  (Read 6742 times)

Doddy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Renausine 7 1/2
« Reply #15 on: 15:19, Wed 31 August 2011 »
That's a fantastic idea! I wish I'd have thought of doing  that months ago. I've been phoning around all sorts of places in the last few weeks, and everyone I've spoken to has drawn a blank so it'll be worth a shot. I'll start bugging them with emails this afternoon.

I've hopefully just picked up another R5 for parts, but I'm confused as to what it is. The person I'm getting it off reckons its a 1.7 with a webber strapped to it. They reckon its standard but I've never heard of one before,can anyone help me out? If its true then I feel an engine swap coming on!

I'd like to take a butchers at those colours as well if I could please dude?
If at first you don\'t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Ruske

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/RuskeCRO
« Reply #16 on: 15:25, Wed 31 August 2011 »
this should be a volvo engine, 1.7 monopoint...aroung 90 bhp

give us some pics, so we can confirm you whether it's really it...

Doddy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16:16, Wed 31 August 2011 »
awesome! So if it's in good condition, it would be worth having then? I'm getting a good deal, i'm getting the wole car for a really good price, the shell's in pretty good nik and the interior is pretty good. There should be a few bits i can use lol

I'm just searching for some work space to rent at the mo, there seems to be a lack of empty garages over here

Ruske

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/RuskeCRO
« Reply #18 on: 17:48, Wed 31 August 2011 »
ofc, it's a good engine, and 5s are going pretty good with it...

take some pics of your new 5...

and turbo the 7 1/2 :)

markey mark (bd)

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18:08, Wed 31 August 2011 »
Quote from: "Doddy"
That's a fantastic idea! I wish I'd have thought of doing  that months ago. I've been phoning around all sorts of places in the last few weeks, and everyone I've spoken to has drawn a blank so it'll be worth a shot. I'll start bugging them with emails this afternoon.

I've hopefully just picked up another R5 for parts, but I'm confused as to what it is. The person I'm getting it off reckons its a 1.7 with a webber strapped to it. They reckon its standard but I've never heard of one before,can anyone help me out? If its true then I feel an engine swap coming on!

I'd like to take a butchers at those colours as well if I could please dude?

It could be the GTX 5 your buying, they come with 1.7 as standard in carb'd form
BD Autosport - Renault 5 gt turbo tuning and repairs.

Doddy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 18:16, Wed 31 August 2011 »
Haha there's no way I'm sticking a turbo in the 7 1/2, the last thing I need is something going pop because it couldn't handle the extra 300kg its having to drag lol. Although I was given the idea of a super charger! Anyone had any experience with sticking one of those in a R5?

I'll hopefully go down tomorrow night and take some pics of the other one, I think I'll just do a straight engine swap if it's in good condition.

Just sent a nice email to Spax as well, everyone keep your fingers crossed

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16:12, Fri 02 September 2011 »
Lunar grey:

Ultra Blue:

The blue goes from mearly purple in dim light to the brightest blue I've ever seen in the sun!

Doddy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17:51, Sun 04 September 2011 »
That ultra blue looks awesome! I might have to have a closer look at it. Cheers for that

E-mail update: I recieved this from Spax on friday...

"Hello
Thank you for the mail
Our CSX range is not very expensive - 139.99 each for the dampers, so I would suggest this would be your best option. As for springs, we would not be able to advise you, as there are too many variables, so you would need to pick a set based on best guess and see if they seem to perform well.
Best Regards"

Not the most professional email i've recieved, and not very helpful.

So one of the biggest suspension companies in the world, don't know how to make custom suspension for a custom vehicle? And i've got to GUESS what i might need, and if it goes wrong, it's just a waste of my money...??? GREAT!!!

Anyone got any other ideas? haha

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18:28, Sun 04 September 2011 »
Try another suspension manufacturer. Koni, AVO or GAZ all do kits for the 5.

That is a shocking ( :lol: ) reply from Spax though.

GTTboost

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 21:17, Sun 04 September 2011 »
Loving it  :lol:   would be cool to get this bolted on..  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hydraulic-sus ... 45fcc75a4f

Doddy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 16:54, Mon 05 September 2011 »
holy sh1t yes!!! do you think they would hold the weight though? Might be a bit of a mission to fabricate them in to R5 mountings... Would be mental to try, and for the amount it looks like i'm going to be spending on coilovers, i might as well do something stupid lol. I'm just about to start spamming some inboxes with "sponsor me" emails haha

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18:15, Wed 07 September 2011 »
I saw a hearse on hydraulics at a show once. I'm sure yours would look smart, as long as the chassis is strong enough!

Doddy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18:49, Mon 12 September 2011 »
yea if i had the cash i would i'd probably have a go!

Had some big problem in the last few days... Blew the pressure valve bit off the top rad hose on sunday! Tried to patch it up but it wouldnt hold, so having to wait for a few days until i can get the new one shipped in.

The N/S/F suspension top mount has totally ripped itself out now, and has taken some chunks out the bonnet so the car is pretty much undrivable. NOT GOOD!