Author Topic: The Renausine 7 1/2  (Read 6775 times)

Doddy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
The Renausine 7 1/2
« on: 14:37, Fri 19 August 2011 »
This is a pic of my baby, The Renausine 7 1/2

She was built about 4 years ago by Turx Custom Workshop on Guernsey, to do a round Europe trip for charity, and is liteally 2 R5's cut n' shut together!

i picked her up about 3 months ago after she was left over grown in a back garden for almost a year. Fresh fuel and a new battery and she started first time!

Anyway, apart from wanting to show her off, i do need a few hints and tips from some weatherd pro's. She has a few teething problems that need sorting, and few parts that need replacing, but i'm determind to have her back to new again!

I shall post some more pics up once i've got my digi cam working, but untill then i'll keep you guessing as to what's in the back :-p

Hope you all like it...

If at first you don\'t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Rupx

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Renausine 7 1/2
« Reply #1 on: 17:44, Fri 19 August 2011 »
That is sweet , truly one of a kind  :wink:

scratcher

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20:46, Fri 19 August 2011 »
That's brilliant  :D Any more pics?
 I tried googling what it was earlier and nothing came up.

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21:42, Fri 19 August 2011 »
Wow, that's unique! Is there abloody great wall of speakers in the back? Or a F1 engiine? Or a jacuzzi? Or, or, or?????? I wanna know :P

Doddy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:39, Thu 25 August 2011 »
If you put in 'Turx Guernsey' on Google images there's a couple more pics but not many. I'll put some more up once I've got my camera working. She needs a lot of T.L.C as the last owner thought it was a bumper car...

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18:52, Thu 25 August 2011 »
Im lovin that 5 shorty you have on the website, needs to be turbo'd and made evil though  :twisted:

bigman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23:59, Sun 28 August 2011 »
this looks crazy  :lol:  renault 5 limo

bazr5gtt

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02:28, Tue 30 August 2011 »
ahahaha class motor bud ,get that bad boy boosting down the road  8)  8)  8)

Doddy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:02, Tue 30 August 2011 »
Glad you all like it!

I've finally got some phots of her uploaded! None of the inside yet cuz i haven't had chance to clean her out so you'll have to wait for those.

She's looking a bit sorry for herself at the mo, and untill i find a shed to rent there's not much i can do.

Doddy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:05, Tue 30 August 2011 »
For those that are interested, i had to weigh & measure her on the weekend so i can book her on the ferry. She weighs 1080kg, wheel base of 135" & body length of 175".  Thought that was pretty impressive haha

Also, anyone got any ideas for a colour? I want to do her as a 1 off, but nothing too 'in your face' if you know what i mean?

Ruske

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/RuskeCRO
« Reply #10 on: 12:21, Tue 30 August 2011 »
looks interesting

are you going to turbo it?

i'd suggest tungy paintjob...

any photos from interior?

5-Mission

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13:07, Tue 30 August 2011 »
You nutter! Lovin this car  8) this is basically the same as mine but about 3ft longer!
So is the engine a standard 1.4 at the mo? I'd suggest gloss black, or white for the colour.. as most posh limos seem to be those colours.
Any plans for a kit or any other mods and what is the handling like?!

Hurty

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17:55, Tue 30 August 2011 »
Remove all the stickers and just do it gloss black maybe trim some stuff up chrome so it looks like  a legit limo haha, should be a chauffeur for modified car events hahaha

Doddy

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19:35, Tue 30 August 2011 »
No she's not turbo, she's just a standard primus, i don't think a turbo would be able to take the extra weight of the car.

I'm not to sure on black or white, they're too common and i wan't her as a one off. I've seen a dark pastel green that i quite like, but it's a hard decision to make!

On another note, does anyone know where i can get parts like anti roll bars etc? I'm having problems finding anything online, including coilovers! I may even have to have a set custom made to take the cornering weight of the car, normal R5 coilovers are only rated to about 700kg standing weight, and the the Renausine is about 1050kg!

I'm not having a good time with things at the mo haha

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:25, Wed 31 August 2011 »
Colour wise I would go for Renaults Ultra blue(225 F1 Team) or maybe Lunar grey(R26.R).

I have plenty of pics of the blue if you want and saw a grey .R last week and it's a realy nice colour in the metal.

As your car is very unique you should try emailing someone like GAZ for coilovers. They could do you custom weight springs and I'm sure you could do a bit of advertising for them at some car shows to sweeten the deal.