Author Topic: Old Blue.  (Read 15237 times)

sparkysparks

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
Re: Old Blue.
« Reply #15 on: 22:16, Sat 06 August 2011 »
[/quote]

haha, mine has lost the same bolt. My girlfriends seat is a bit bouncier than mine :D

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23:16, Sat 06 August 2011 »
Mine did the same.

I drilled them out and fitted normal bolt and nut. You can't tighten them up though otherwise the seat wont lift, i tightened mine up so that the seat was secure but not to tight that it wouldn't move. Then i Loctited the bolt.

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10:09, Sun 07 August 2011 »
Will have to drill em ou then. Then find a new plastic trim for the frame.

Jeff Ninebar

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ninebarsoundsystem.com/.
« Reply #18 on: 16:15, Mon 08 August 2011 »
CGB have these, I bought a couple...

http://www.cgbmotorsport.net/front-seat ... -968-p.asp

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18:31, Mon 08 August 2011 »
Thanks, but fek me that's alot for a bolt!

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15:34, Tue 16 August 2011 »
Ok car running ok now. Fuel line 2 is now routed well away from anything hot. Dashboard is back in right, some muppet had put it back in and it was bent :roll:  Exhaust has been fitted correctly, back box was not pushed on fully so it was hitting the body as it went over the axle, very annoying! More parts have arrived:

The boost gauge thet was in the car was shyte and the oil pressure gauge doesn't work so got a matching pair. Very nice they are too!

Discs don't seem to like standing around for years and are pretty rusted, even though they don't have a lip on them. So while I'm spending :lol:  Waiting for new pads to arrive before attacking more rusty nuts.

Also got new tyres to go on as 3 are below limit, and a new head as a spark plug thread is fooked.

Rad fan seem ssorted now, I think the car gets hot because the rad is badly corroded. Not sure that my new one has oil cooler in though so may need one of those too. Lots more fun to be had :D

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #21 on: 16:05, Tue 16 August 2011 »
Love the stack gauges, you could always get your current head helicooiled, is the replacement head a known working head??

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16:17, Tue 16 August 2011 »
Yes new head is sound. I need the car running so decided to get new head to swap over then refurb mine and keep as spare!

Where can I get a good price oil cooler from?

James5

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rtoc.org/boards/member.php?u=34
« Reply #23 on: 17:04, Tue 16 August 2011 »
If your going for an external oil cooler i would go for mocal products and www.thinkauto.com sell the kits.

Ash-Lee

• Global Moderator
  • 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20:46, Tue 16 August 2011 »
I want those dials!  8)

I currently have the 'plasma' type glow ones with the smoked face. Yes they look really good at night, but in all honestly there completly useless in the daytime.

Black and white is the way!

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22:52, Wed 17 August 2011 »
Checked new rad out and it has oil cooler in, so thats an expense spared, for now anyway. Brake pads arrived today and I finally got legal tyres on the car :D . Picked up the head otday to discover that not only is it refurbed but ported and flowed with matched manifold too! Need ot order gaskets tomorrow so I can do it at the weekend. My dad is over from Spain and cna't keep his head out of the engine bay. He was a mechanic most his working life and has a Fiat Barchetta back home that needs constant fixing so it did'nt take much to coerce him into helping with the head.  :lol:  

One thing I need advice on is the wastegate. The car is producing loads of boost, well off the end of the dash gauge. We have checked all the pipes and everything seems sound and secure so I think it must be the actuator that has been adjusted. Can anyone tell me a length it should be set at? I only want to be running standard boost for the time being.

robx1r

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02:17, Thu 18 August 2011 »
Quote from: "denty225"
Thanks, but fek me that's alot for a bolt!

bob at cgb is a legend he's been helping me out and answering my stupid questions. and in fairness if you think 4 is steep, renault ireland want 38 plus the vat for a door check strap.

so cgb the whole way for me

DeanGT5

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10:45, Fri 19 August 2011 »
There will be a pipe off, in the wrong position or split if its running loads. Check the pipes to the actuator.

denty225

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16:21, Fri 19 August 2011 »
Well all the pipes are off at the moment, so is the head. Can't see any that look split so will have to make sure they are all on tight when we put it back together.

3 out of 4 spark plug threads are knackered. How much does it cost to get a head refurbed?

andybond

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16:57, Fri 19 August 2011 »
Buy another head fella. They are quite cheap !