Author Topic: Raider resto  (Read 6169 times)

bood

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Raider resto
« on: 09:12, Sun 19 June 2011 »
hi all i picked this up the other week, i saw it sat on a drive near by looking very sorry for its self so thought i would try my luck by knocking on the door, a few hours and pound notes later the car was sat on my drive along with 2 truck loads of spares to finish it......... apparently!!

the interior is pretty clean and the underside seems fairly rust free as it was stored in a garage till 2 months before i spotted it.

The old fella i brought it off seems to like to tinker but with no rhyme or reason so there are random bits taken off the engine which i need to refit to establish how good the engine is, the body work again has ben knocked and bumped around, i will sort this but not before the car is running so i know what i am dealing with.

i am sure i will be calling upon the knowledge on here to help with alot of this, i have owned 5's before but a few years ago so i am having to wrack the old memory box with this one.

pics of it looking sorry for its self

slowly piecing the jigsaw together now, i do need to source the front loom still as my has been cut beyond all recognision... thanks for that!

all the drive shafts are in and the exhaust bolted up, this will be treated to a new one after its mot but for now its gonna have to keep rocking the PECO big bore 4..... oh yeah!!

Time to start on the rear brakes so a bit of a clean of the underside before i start and low and behold under the dirt and grime i find a set of koni adjustable shocks...... happy with that.

with a little clean up

thanks for looking

adam

bood

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
Re: Raider resto
« Reply #1 on: 09:13, Sun 19 June 2011 »
i am also having a little trouble with a miss fire, i have changed leads cap and arm but not sure if its the 6 year old fuel in the car which is not helping the situation either.

on another note changed the rear brakes today as the others were..............well you can see

bood

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:16, Sun 19 June 2011 »
i have sorted the miss fire now, where the car had been sat up i think the valves had got stuck, i have come along tried to turn it over and it bent 2 push rods which the came out from under the rocker. i have replaced these now and it seems to run lovely which is a big relief.

i will get a pick of the bent ones up soon

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:30, Sun 19 June 2011 »
Looks good mate pretty good condition where you have gave it sum attention, quick progress aswell!

hondaman

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17:50, Sun 19 June 2011 »
good to know another one particularly a raider is being brought back to life and not just left to rust to death, well done mate :)

adscan

• 170BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20:20, Tue 21 June 2011 »
out of interest, how much did you pay?

bood

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18:47, Fri 24 June 2011 »
it came with a load of spares which although have no value really they have been super handy for spare sensors and brackets etc

i gave 500 for it, dunno if thats good or not for something thats not had an mot in 6 years but its keeping me amused at weekends.

it is needs a lick of paint as well so the pictures are kind to it, but it has minimal rot (i have not removed the kit....... yet  :shock: )

small_all@hotmail.com

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18:58, Fri 24 June 2011 »
interior is miiint.. very jealous. nice car mate hope its nothing to get it an mot
My cars only as fast as the people pushing it

chillin... chillin....... chillin.........boooOOOOOOST

bood

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22:03, Fri 24 June 2011 »
cheers pal, yeah the interior is not bad apart from the covering on the rear door cards has gone a bit saggy.

yeah looking forward to seeing how well  (or not) it does. should be ready in the next few weeks

dj_craig_

• 200BHP Senior Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22:31, Fri 24 June 2011 »
500 quid! Wot a bargain, definatly got a good deal there mate.

bood

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22:33, Sat 02 July 2011 »
cheers hopefully i can do the car justice.

i ahve not touched it for a week or so but today cut out the front panel that has been knocked about over the years, it was not that rusty but its had a knock and some one has not done the best hammer job at straightening it.

the new one will be in place tomorrow but a pic or two from this mornings effort

bood

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21:24, Sun 03 July 2011 »
and the new one is in, little bit fiddly getting it lined up nicely but i am happy and another step nearer the road

Rupx

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22:29, Sun 03 July 2011 »
Damn thats nice.. 8)

Why cant i find one on someones drive ....  :lol:

Holiday next week then some car hunting for me :D

bood

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07:26, Fri 08 July 2011 »
thanks (dont get me wrong the pictures hide some of the paint problems)

it was pure luck i was chatting to a mate and he mentioned this abandoned 5 opposite his cousins house (5 min from me) so on an off chance gave the fella's door a knock.

Good luck mate hope you find one!!!

bood

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21:26, Wed 13 July 2011 »
got a little more done, exhaust blow sorted, standard air filter fitted, idle sorted and the new front bumper fitted.

i have jet washed the subframe and also taken it for a spin, it drove lovely and only one or 2 jobs before the mot. once it has a ticket i will then press on with the body work

as you can see the pics from this side show why it was the price it was