Author Topic: Message for Newbies !!  (Read 39638 times)

alkins

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Re: Message for Newbies !!
« Reply #90 on: 14:59, Mon 11 February 2013 »
Hi every one names Alan ive been trolling this site for ages now and finally decided its time to join and try get help and give some if possible  :D

JamesGTT

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 09:30, Thu 25 April 2013 »
Hi I'm new to the site, have a 91 gt turbo I've had for years, it's been blown a fair few times, I live by two sayings "drive it like you stole it" and "if in doubt flat out" looking forward to having the beast on the road again. Planning a trip Newcastle to Amsterdam, down Germany, stopping off at the ring of course! dropping into the top if Italy then over to France for some mountain passes back up to Britain! Wonder if it'll make it :?

MR-WEDGE

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 13:10, Wed 12 February 2014 »
hello im new here and iv got a r5 campus white 3door model. im strugerling to find bumpers skirts ect for it or for any r5 I may just be being silly im abit crap with comps and just wanted to no where the best place to get them is as iv seen some gtt bumpers going on ebay for a fair bit . many thanks Tao

rickb

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 13:06, Sat 31 October 2015 »
newbie here used to own a 5 gtt and loved it, looking for a project.

rick

loucao_jr

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 17:28, Sun 19 June 2016 »
 HI,

New here and to the GTT world! I'm restoring a 88 GT Turbo and I'll be needing your help and tips.

Cheers from Portugal

turbak

• 150BHP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 14:04, Sat 27 August 2016 »
Hy i an new on the forum,and i want to say hellou to you all  :)

Chamira

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 05:50, Tue 19 December 2017 »
Hi all. I live is Sri Lanka and sort of a collector. Classic car scene here is a tough one because the regulations don't allow importation of old vehicles. The general interest in classic cars have picked up in the last 5 years or so, so they are becoming increasingly costly to acquire.

My life with Renault 5 GT Turbos go back over 25 years - I was one of 5 people that imported 5 GTTs to Sri Lanka. Yes, you understood right. In all, there are only 5 cars in the country. I imported mine from the UK in the early 1990 - it was a tungy. In addition, at the time, there was a black, a red, and a blue. All Phase 2. In addition, there was a white Phase 1. Following the arrival of my son, I had to part with my 5 in 2000, and regretted it ever since. The good news is that I'm now friends with the current owner who has cares deeply for the car. Anyway, to make a long story short, I bought the red car about two years ago - in a project state. It sat in my garage till a month or so ago since I was progressively collecting all the parts I require. It is now in a work shop and the tinkering work has started. I've imported pretty much everything from and engine and transmission to fenders, a dashboard, interior trim, bonnet, etc. The list in endless.

Among other cars I own, is a 205 GTI 1.9 - Sri Lanka's only 1.9. There are two other GTIs, which are 1.6s. That too was a project when I bought, and went through a patient and painstaking restoration. Its worth every minute and penny because it is an absolutely joy to drive. But of course, I miss the punch if the GT turbo and I can't wait to get behind the wheel.

Shall keep the forum posted on my progress.

Thank you. 

peaquod

• 115BHP Newbie
    • View Profile
Hello all
« Reply #97 on: 18:03, Fri 05 January 2018 »
Hello all,Ive had a few GT Turbos over the years but none recently....(since about 2000)...still got alot of spares and a vehicle (Black Ph2) I had forgotten about...dont know how  much of it is left and am going to see it tonight.